Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Troubling Times


Life brings about troubling times!
My Daddy got very sick last summer and had a long rehabilitation, he could not go home because he and Mama had packed up the house so that he could no longer live there.....My sister and brother-in-law built them an apartment on to their house, and they love it and seem to be very happy there....My sister has been talking to them, especially my mama, telling them we have to start on removing everything from the old house....I had heart surgery last summer and also had some trying times afterwards.....
I live in Florida, but they live in North Carolina....I am here in NC staying with my sister and we started last week on cleaning out the house....Boy, was it ever hard, 3 bedroom house and 2 of them were packed to the ceiling.....it took a long time and a lot of muscle....My mama is not taking it very well, there has been a lot of hurtful things said from her, daddy just sorta takes everything into stride....Sure there was things they wanted to keep, but Mama had bought non-sense stuff and packed up, not to be seen until we pull it all out....of course she doesn't have room in the one bedroom apt. to put anything else and anyways, she wanted all new stuff and got it....Now, we have the house set up for a huge sale and going to have it every weekend in July......Mama is remember things and asking have you seen this or that?...I want it......If we tell her No, she says, I guess somebody took it!
Oh, dear, has this been tough....but my sister and I are determined that this will not tear our family apart.....Mama is sulking like a child and yelling at Daddy its all your fault for getting sick.....
I have been praying for all of this to end well and with some extra money for our parents to have to fall back on....She has been going to yard sales for years and know how thing have to be priced to sell, but she is looking at prices we are putting on things and saying, but I paid this amount for that.....
We thought this would be hard to do if they were gone (deceased), but I think it has been much harder doing it while they are still with us...
I love my parents and I pray that the Lard will tell Mama that she needs to get past it.....
thank you for reading my venting, if you made it this far!
Brenda