Thursday, April 26, 2007

Garden Art from Re-cycled Junk!

If you click on the title it will take you to the blog craft critique,where she is having a contest for altered.. art......

Brenda


This is a bowling ball I sprayed painted it purple and then used GE11 silicone glue and put mirrors and half marbles, and dragonflies....coated it wil clear sealer...BB, I found in thrift store for 1.00, the stand at yard sale for .50...I sprayed painted the ash tray stand and also tood off the handle..
This is "Fanny", my Flamingo bowling ball, she has rebar for legs and painted pink, cover the BB with clear half marbles...found the gooseneck lamp at the thrift store for 1.00 and took it apart and turned the shade part around to look like a beak...lol...She was so fun to make and also a great conversation piece...
This is an old toaster I found and took bottom off and took out the insides, replaced the bottom, filled with dirt and planted with mexican heather...
This is a old chandlier that I "curb shopped" and took apart, painted and glued on the white cups (found at TS)....its hanging in a tree in the backyard, the birds drink out of it...

This is my favorite piece of Garden Art Junk!! I got the vent turban at a yard sale for 3.00, primed it and painted with Patio paints in different colors....DH got the 4x4 and put it in the ground for me and attached the turban, then we put long slanted nails in the 4x4 for my bottle tree.when the winds blows, the turban goes around...its really cool....on the fence in the back is a recycled fan blade I painted and put up.......
Hope you have enjoyed the tour!
I am doing this for a contest.....please comment or critique!