Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Mother-In-Law Olive

Olive on her wedding day, June 6, 1946
Olive on her birthday 4/27/07


Ms.Olive at the age of 92 passed away August 5th.....She didn't suffer and just went to sleep...


I had been her caregiver for the past 4 years and watched her deteriorate over that time....


She had dementia and it was progressively getting worse......The house feels different without her here.....My husband is doing well with it, better than me...

She was born in London, England on April 27, 1916
She met her husband in England during WWII
When he got back to the US, he saved money and sent for her to come over by ship in 1946, he picked her up in New York on his Indian Motorcycle.....
They had 3 children, Rodney(my hubby), Debbie(lives in AL), and Jeffrey(lives in Rockledge, FL)