Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Cookie Sandwiches

Click on that picture to see them up close and personal........

Early Valentine's treat for my hubby! and he loved them, and I must say, they are very good...I got the recipe from a blog and copied the recipe and forgot to copy the name of the blog...
I will give you the recipe:

Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches

1 box Red velvet cake mix(I used Duncan Hines)
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temp.(1 stick)

Preheat oven to 350

Mix this together and I hope you have a better mixer than I do, I just have a hand held one and it overheated..lol..

Using a small cookie scoop, place 12 cookies on cookie sheet about 2" apart...

Bake for 10-12 minutes, then place on wire rack to cool...
Then I used Duncan Hines cream cheese icing and spread it on the cookies and put them together....
I had 18 cookies

Let me know if you make them, and I am sure any flavor cake mix and icing would be good too...I bought Strawberry mix to try...