Friday, May 22, 2009

WHAT'S UP WITH ME?

I thought I would post about what is going on with me these days....Many of you know that I am a proud (5 year) Breast Cancer Survivor.....and God brought me through it to be a stronger person....Well now it seems that I will have to have heart surgery....For as long as I can remember I have had a condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP)....the mitral valve does not close properly, there fore letting blood leak back into the chamber....So, I have had echo cardiograms done for years to watch the leakage, and now it seems that it has gotten bad enough that its putting a strain on my heart....I get tired so easy, I have anxiety attacks..
SO, my cardio Dr said it is time to have the valve repaired...so I have had a lot of test done and x-rays, and last week a heart cath.....the heart cath showed my arteries are OK and not all clogged up, which is really good...

I live in Florida but the best Dr that preforms this fairly new robotic heart surgery is in NC....which is where I am from and all of my family are there but not exactly where he is but they can get there....so I am happily waiting to hear from this surgeon for an appt.His name is Dr. Chitwood and he is @ East Carolina University ......he has a wonderful reputation for doing more of this type of surgery than any other surgeon in the world....Sounds good to me.....lol....

will update later!
prayers are appreciated......
Brenda