Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Updates

Hi to everyone, I have more news on my Daddy!..He was doing good with re-hab in the nursing home but where he was, was terrible with 2 women on that hall crying and screaming day and night, we stayed with him all day until we were told visiting hours were over....All the nurses and tech's were pretty good while we were there, but Daddy said the night time ones were not so good....Also, they were not giving him one of his med's that was listed, Toprol, it is a blood pressure med but it was given to Daddy to slow his heart rate down....when we ask about it, they said his BP was too low already and they could not give it to him....I and my Sister, Renee, tried to explain that the low BP was normal for him and he really needed the Toprol for the heart rate....
Well, on Sunday night, he started having Panic attacks and was telling them he needed the med to slow his heart rate..They told him to calm down and that he was causing himself to feel like that.....He said about 2 am, he pushed his light for the nurse, no one came, so he Hollered and Cried for what seemed like and hour to him....when someone finally came he asked them to call his daughter, Renee (my sister)....they waited until 4 am to call her and she told them to call 911 and send him to Cone Hospital in Greensboro...so they did....Renee went to the nursing home and got there as the ambulance did, she knew one of the EMT's and told him what was going on...I called my Mama and she and I went to the hospital....They called his heart Dr...and he ordered his Toprol and after 20 minutes his heart rate come down from 120 to the 60 and 70's...The his heart Dr came in to see him and ordered Xanax for the panic attacks...he admitted him and we stayed with him all day, Renee took Mama home and I spent the night..He would have a panic attack almost as soon as the xanax wore off, but they were good about being right there with it on time...Tues morning, he started doing better and was not having the attacks as bad, he was able to go longer before getting the xanax.......during the night though, he would wake up in a panic, asking Where am I?...I talked to him to let him know I was there and he would calm down and go back to sleep...
my niece, Samantha, brought Mama in and Renee went on to work......I cam home and ate a tomato sandwich and layed down and napped a while, but when I got up, I was sick on my stomach and very tired...Samantha stayed the night and Renee went by and brought Mama home...I was planning on taking Mama this morning(WED), but I was still sick, so my nephew got up and took Mama out there.....Samantha just got home and said Daddy had a good night except when they come in for blood or vitals.....She said a re-hab tech from the hospital came in to acess him and got him to walk a little with assistance, so that is good.....
I am going to stay here at my sisters house today and try to get my tiredness better.....not sue If I will make it out there this evening or not....My sister is spending the night tonight...I didn't want her too because of her job but they are willing to work with her....Plus, I can't let myself get run down before my surgery....
Life sure can be stressful sometimes....I hope you all with continue to pray for my Daddy and me and family....