Monday, June 22, 2009

My daughter, Christie,came up to Greensboro for Father's Day and to pick me up...I really hated leaving Mama and Daddy, and I cried as soon as I got out of daddy's room, but I know that I need these few days to rest up before My surgery....But, I feel terribly about leaving everything for my Sister and BIL to do...We have talked Daddy into going to Renee's(my sister), when he leaves the hospital..They have a huge great room and have already moved some things around to accommodate whatever Daddy might need....and My BIL drew up plans to build an apartment on the end of their house for Mama and Daddy...At first Daddy said NO....but I think he now realizes it would really be for the best for him and Mama and for my sister and her DH too..... Daddy is improving and the panic attacks have calmed down, but Dr said still give him xanax, until he gets stronger..The nurses have been walking him a couple of times a day for the past 3 days...with a walker of course....We are hoping the insurance with approve him to do re-hab there at the hospital, they should know today....Nursing homes were not an optional,again, unless they could find one where all the re-hab patients were in a separate wing from the Nursing home patients...
So I will be here in Wilmington, NC with my daughter, her DH and sons until Thursday, Christie will drive me to Greenville and Rod will drive up there on Thursday from Florida...I have to be in the Heart Center for pre-op @ 8:30 Friday morning
....