Wednesday, June 10, 2009

UPDATE ON MY DADDY

I flew to NC on Sat. because my Daddy was not doing well at all and I have to say, When I got here and got to the hospital and saw him, I really though he was dying and so did my family....He was in such terrible pain.....After all of the tests and 2 team of Doctors checked everything out, they are saying his cholesterol medicine, Provachol was attacking his muscles and causing them to deteriorate...
Monday, God answered our prayers and he started turning the corner for the better....When I got here Sat. , he was not able to walk or even stand on his own, but Monday, he just started looking so much better and started to eat a little, and they got him in a chair, and he did so well on Tue, they said all he needs now is Physical Therapy, so today he was sent to a re-hab center and hopefully they will get started with PT tomorrow and he will continue to get stronger....He is still is pain, but he is able to tolerate it better.... and he still can not get up by himself or stand by himself, but we are hoping that will change quickly...

I am planning on staying here(until its time for me to go to Greenville, NC for my surgery) and helping get my Mama there.....I told the staff this evening that they better get used to us,(meaning my family)because we will be there A LOT.....and making sure he is well cared for.....

I am so tired.....
will try to keep doing updates here..
Brenda